“Jeff Lasky, Lancaster JetHawks radio: Considering all those hours he grew up listening to Scully on the Dodgers, he's found his own voice and would make any team pleased to have him pull up a chair.”
Daily News Sports Media Rankings Column
Jeff just completed his first season as a member of the San Diego State broadcast team. It was filled with highlights, including covering his first bowl game and several high-stakes basketball games for a team in the top five in the polls ...
Listen to Fox Sports San Diego:
Listen to XX1090 San Diego:
A versatile broadcast professional with a wide range of on-air radio and television experience. Skilled at anchoring, reporting, shooting, and editing with a strong record in multimedia and social media. An expressive, conversational, on-air style that engages and informs listeners. Descriptive and knowledgeable for hardcore fans, yet entertaining and adept at attracting casual fans. Rated as one of the top play-by-play broadcasters in Los Angeles market by the Daily News.
Fox Sports San Diego
Padres Feature Producer/Reporter
• Producer/Reporter for Padres Weekly and Padres POV shows
• Generate story ideas, write, produce, and edit
The Mighty 1090 AM (San Diego Padres/San Diego St. Flagship)
Play-by-Play/Padres Beat Reporter/SDSU football sideline reporter/SDSU basketball host
• Serve as anchor for Padres pre, post, and in-game reports
• Sideline reporter for San Diego St. football broadcasts
• Pre/half/post-game host for San Diego St. basketball broadcasts
• Play-by-Play for high school football and basketball broadcasts
August 2007-March 2012
Learfield Sports/Montana State University (Division 1-Big Sky Conference)
• Play-by-Play broadcast all football and men’s basketball games on 14-station radio network plus webcast
• Host of “Cat Chat” weekly radio talk show
• Host of “Bobcats Daily” radio segment and podcast
January 2006-December 2011
Lancaster JetHawks (California League, Advanced A)
Play-by-Play, Director of Broadcasting/Media Relations
• Play-by-Play broadcast all 140 home and road games on radio and web
• Host weekly video program “This Week in JetHawks Baseball”
• Executive Producer of internet radio station covering local sports
• Coordinate media relations, including press notes and releases
• Design and operate team website
• Produce game program, media guide, and team promotional materials
• Create and oversee social media outreach programs
March 2005-December 2005
Inland Empire 66ers (California League, Advanced A)
Play-by-Play Voice, Director of Media/Public Relations
• Play-by-Play broadcast home and road games on radio and web
• Handle media/public relations, including appearances
• Sales Account Executive
• Develop school outreach program, including assemblies
• Represent team at community events, serve as guest speaker
March 2002-February 2005
KTVM-TV, 6&42, NBC Montana-Bozeman
• Lead Sports Anchor for all local newscasts
• Play-by-Play announcer for college football broadcasts
• Report, shoot, write, and edit local sports content
• Work with sales staff on station promotion and to increase revenue
Graduated from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University with a B.A. in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in History.
Rated one of the Top Ten Play-by-Play Broadcasters in Los Angeles by the L.A. Daily News in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
Society of Professional Journalists award for Best Sports Reporting.
Jeff just completed his first season as a member of the San Diego State broadcast team. It was filled with highlights, including covering his first bowl game and several high-stakes basketball games for a team in the top five in the polls.
Last year was also Jeff’s first covering the San Diego Padres for Fox Sports San Diego. He did several memorable features, including a day at the Marshall Faulk Celebrity Golf Tournament, where he interviewed legendary athletes like Jerry Rice, Goose Gossage, and Rollie Fingers.
When not covering the Aztecs or Padres, Jeff has also done work for 10News, the ABC affiliate in San Diego.
Talk Show / Interview.